You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #1

Default Developer list

First of all I just want to say that I enjoy this site a lot and use at as my main and only source of news for everything adventure related
I just have one question relating to the Review Index. When I go check all the games in the database is there a way for me to sort them by the developers?
If not is it posible for it to be implemented at some time?
Most of the time when I am checking out new games or reminding myself of old ones I want to know which of them are from the same developer without having to stumble upon it or check each of them seperatly. Hope there is a way for me to do that and I just haven't discovered it yet
Old 10-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Super Moderator

You can't sort by developer in the A-Z database but if you go to the game page for a certain game, you'll see a side bar with "other games in the series" (if they are there) and if you scroll further, you'll see "other games by the same developer."

It's one way I can think of.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
Freeware Co-ordinator

To expand on that, many games come with a list of games from the same developer.

For example, The Journeyman Project, not only shows other Journeyman Project games, but other games from Presto Studios.

I know there is the desire to do more with the database, but actually implementing such changes is easier said than done.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 10-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

Yeah, we're in the midst of a pretty major overhaul of our whole database system, and I honestly can't tell you for sure what features will and won't be available when it's done. But it's unlikely a sort-by-developer will be included for reviews. As the others pointed out, though, there's already a way to find a list of all games by any one developer.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #5

Ok thanks for your answers guys, time for me to do some developer research