You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Games with Women who put a spell on you

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #1

Default Games with Women who put a spell on you

One thing I liked about certain classic adventure games is when there was magic used on you, the player, or the character you represent. You would get to chose how you would react to being put under the spell and suffer the consequences.

Here are 3 that I liked and I would like to see any other games like this classic or modern:

Conquests of Camelot: Fatima tries to tempt Arthur with a spell like dance and if you submitted she would kill you in several interesting ways.

Legends of Xanth: Metria tries to get you to drink from a love spring which makes you fall in love and lose the game.

There was one other that I forgot the title of where an enchantress puts you under a love spell that involves seeing flashes of her face and lips. Wish I could remember the title

Any other recommendations??
Old 05-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #2

Nope. I think those are the only 3.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #3

Doesn't female Shepard put a spell on you at some point in Qfg 4?
I'm sure that someone in that series puts a spell on the hero.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 05-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco2.5 View Post
Doesn't female Shepard put a spell on you at some point in Qfg 4?
I'm sure that someone in that series puts a spell on the hero.
Female Shepard?

This one maybe?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #5

No, he means

(voiced by Jennifer Hale, a.k.a. female Shepard in Mass Effect, and a billion other memorable video game characters)
who indeed puts a spell on the hero at some point. Also dresses up in a leather dominatrix costume and whips him.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #6

It's not really a game in a traditional sense - at least not until the final episode - but the visual novel Umineko no Naku Koro Ni plays with this a lot. It uses a number of tricks to give the player/reader the choice of interpreting a witch's words as either a literal enchantment cast over the main character, or as a mystery novel with unreliable narration.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
No, he means

(voiced by Jennifer Hale, a.k.a. female Shepard in Mass Effect, and a billion other memorable video game characters)
who indeed puts a spell on the hero at some point. Also dresses up in a leather dominatrix costume and whips him.
It has been years and years since I have played those games, but I don't remember the characters being voiced. Is that recent addition in more current releases, or did they always have voices and I just can't recall?

I actually kind of hate Femshep's voice, but realize I am in the minority with that one! To me, she sounds like a dude.

Last edited by J-Boo; 05-15-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Boo View Post
It has been years and years since I have played those games, but I don't remember the characters being voiced. Is that recent addition in more current releases, or did they always have voices and I just can't recall?
They released both a floppy version (unvoiced) and a CD version (voiced). Maybe you've only played the former (that was my case; I only got the CD version several years later).
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 05-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #9

Quote:
They released both a floppy version (unvoiced) and a CD version (voiced). Maybe you've only played the former (that was my case; I only got the CD version several years later).
Ah, very interesting. Quest for Glory 1 was the first PC game I ever played. It has been forever since I played the series, but maybe it's about time I got the CD version and played through again!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Boo View Post
It has been forever since I played the series, but maybe it's about time I got the CD version and played through again!
Just a quick heads up... the Quest for Glory series is on GoG now as well
Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
Just a quick heads up... the Quest for Glory series is on GoG now as well
Okay, great. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #12

Quote:
No, he means

Well that has blown my mind.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/