View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 01:24 AM   #1
eriq
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq
Default The I LOVE LOOM thread

LOOM is, visually, my favourite LucasArts game. The gameplay was fun although pretty short. But wow, I'll never forget borrowing that game from a friend of my dad's and staying up ALL night imagining what playing the game would be like. All I could see was walking around that mysterious island. I was SO anxious! My dad heard me trying to install it at like 3 am....

"GET YOUR ASS TO BED!"

I even stayed home from school the next day and played it sick after he left for work.

Loom met every one of my expectations. The style, the interface, the music. PURE MAGIC! It was the game that really made me fall in love with Lucasfilm Games all over again. After Maniac Mansion of course.

To date, no game has influenced my artistic style like Loom has. With the exception of the Kyrandia games 1 & 2, no other games had that spectacular otherworldly fantasy feel that I love so much. All of these games have a very specific look to them. The colors are unafraid. Each scene has a palette and theme. The soft edges of the graphics are soooo pretty! (eyes blinking in wonderment emoticon)

How do you all feel about Loom? What other games you find as visually enticing or on par with the artwork in Loom?

Last edited by eriq; 11-05-2003 at 01:45 AM.