View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 07:14 PM   #16
Rusty

Default I LOVE LOOM too... ;-)

Hello everyone...

I'm new to the forum (as is clearly visible from my posts number... ,
although I've been an on/off lurker for a loooong time here...

Didn't feel like I had much to say, but whenever I see a thread like this one, I MUST participate!! :-))
(sorry 'bout the simplified smilies, didn't learn how to use graphic ones yet in this forum...)

I've always been a fantasy fan, but I barely knew that when Loom went out in 1990-91 (I was 11). I first played it on my cousin's Amiga computer (anyone remember those??) and was COMPLETELY captivated. And that was even without the MUSIC in the background! (bad copy, or something..) The graphics were just so fantastic... I HAD to have it!!! So I asked my parents to buy me a copy. Meanwhile, during classes at school I started drawing in my notebooks... Remember all those stories about children drawing Unicorns and such instead of listening at class? (Neverending Story anyone?) Well, I drew those twinkling Loom stars that you see in the game's sky at the beginning... :-)

Was I THRILLED when my copy arrived! Combining music and magic is what I really loved about it, together with the story, the ambience... (and it took me a LONG time to finish, It took me a while to come up with what to do with all those sheep... :-)

Years later, I still think of it as one of (if not the) all-time favourite of mine. I too was VERY dissapointed to finally find a CD version, and find out the dialogue has been changed, almost completely... and no close-ups!
Still, I had to wait 10 whole years for another game to capture my imagination like Loom did... And then came The Longest Journey!! (and later Syberia..) "But that is another story..." ;-)

If you got this far, thanx for listening! :-)

Last edited by Rusty; 11-05-2003 at 07:29 PM.