View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
Agent5

I would like to apologize for updating a thread which is, now, a decent two months old, however I had a number of additions to make. To begin with a fairly new Mac porting house, Coladia Games, has recently released native ports of Kheops Studio's Secret of the Lost Cavern and Destination: Treasure Island, and are at work porting a third title, Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny. I was rather surprised to find that these weren't simply Cider ports, and so run even on G5s.

The third Journeyman Project title, Legacy of Time, is also being ported to OS X, which is particularly fortuitous as it seems that they're porting the enhanced DVD version, which while common on the PC had a fairly limited Mac release. A patch was released several years ago allowing the PC version to be played natively , but it was, not surprisingly, Classic only.

As for somewhat more contemporary games, Virtual Programming has just released a port of A Vampyre Story, which runs on anything as low as a G4, and Deck 13's titles, such as Jack Keane, tend to be compatible.

Tale of Tales is apparently working on a Cider port of The Path, but I can't say I know much about this beyond it's tentative existence.