View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #316
Sughly

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
Oh, definately. It's just told in such a unique way, which I think distracts people from talking about the plot itself. The story is compelling. In fact last night while trying to get some shut eye, I just couldn't sleep -- I kept thinking about it, coming up with theories and contemplating decisions I had made.
Haha, you seem quite passionate about it all. Which is nice. I'm enjoying it but not sure I'm as completely immersed in it as you are. I'm a dad too so I suppose I'm a little more picky on it, but that's not to say it's bad.

As for the story, mmm well it's not bad, but it's not hugely original either. It's telling a story that's been told before, but it is putting some different spins on it here and there and throwing in some curve balls emotionally which are interesting. Keep in mind I'm being super picky because of the expectations I have on it. Although it has some fairly good dialogue and character, there are still moments where I feel like there could have been a little more sensitivity to characters and situations that are sometimes a little spoilt by cliched lines or responses.

I'm sure I'm gonna get bombarded with disagreements now, but to each his own I suppose.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance