View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #492
Kurufinwe

Time to revive this thread once again!

I'm posting a new file, with 20 extracts (numbered, by popular demand). But this time, there's a twist: all the pieces of music are renditions / adaptations of classical music*. Which means there are more chances to win! You can figure out what game (and what scene) the extract is from, but I'm also looking for the composer and title of the original piece. So if your adventure gaming culture sucks, you can at least show off your musical culture! (Note that I personally know very little about classical music, so all the pieces are very famous; if they hadn't been, I probably would never have realised that they were not original. So no pressure!)

* Technically, there are a couple that do not really qualify as classical music, but close enough.

My usual self-imposed rules: The 20 extracts are from 20 different games, none of them particularly obscure (all have been reviewed on AGs, except one, which is a well-known hybrid). Also, the extracts sound (as much as I could) exactly as they do in-game. Finally, while preparing this new file, I realised that the use of classical music was very frequent in older games, and pretty rare in newer games. So most of the games I used are pretty ancient. Consider yourselves warned.

Also, on top of the games and the original classical pieces, there's a little extra thing to discover, as a special bonus. I'll let you figure out what it is.

And that's it! Let's get started!

P.S.: Please do not give too many answers at once, even if you know a lot, so that others in different time zones and with different schedules get a chance to play. As you can see, we don't get new files very often in this thread (they take a lot of time to make!), so let everyone a chance to enjoy them.