View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #414
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
There used to be this performance bug that caused the game to crash shortly before the climactic decision. I'm not sure what that was about, but it seemed to be linked to the coding on the final disc. A girlfriend of mine and I tried getting around it for days, weeks, even, but I never did see the ending played out. Wendy told me that she did eventually find some sort of patch which corrected it, and she did indeed see the end of the game, but the only patches I've ever seen for the game mention nothing about this bug.

As such, I never really ventured to find out if it had been corrected, even though I do have the game in my possession these days. I'm thinking of using the v3 patch that I came across and just giving the game a test run. I suspect it won't live up to my memory of it, but still, it would be nice to see if it's at all playable.
Interesting. I did hear that the first series of discs they released was faulty in some way, but my copy always run fine so I didn't know anything about the specifics.