View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #194
Oscar
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
Yes, yes, very lose definitions but I'm trying to make a point here: I'm not saying that Portal is a better game than AITD or vice-versa, but AITD is more adventure than Portal, for sure. Hence why I think it should have been (at least) considered a candidate for this list.
I agree. I thought Portal was a strange choice for a top 10 game, let alone being in the list at all. But if you considered AITD you would then have to also consider Time Gate: Knight's Chase, another Infogrames game based on the AITD engine, but more adventure than AITD.

There were a lot of those kind of multi-genre games that could have been looked at. Little Big Adventure, Outcast, Veil of Darkness. Maybe even platform/adventures like Another World, Flashback or Limbo.

I also thought Cruise for a Corpse was pretty great for 1991, despite its bugs. Perhaps it could have replaced one of the many DS games on the list.

And yes, Death Gate needed to be in the top 100.

Even more importantly: Where was The Lost Crown? It definitely should have replaced Dark Fall. It's probably the best traditional horror adventure I've played.

Last edited by Oscar; 12-30-2011 at 03:00 PM.