View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #225
diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
I am outraged at the conclusion of this list.

Never visiting this site again.
I'm disappointed on many levels too, but it's just a list of games - and they did a tremendously hard work.

Kuru, i'll take statistics was one of your majors But i really expected more - where's the graph showing the occurrence of Top 100 games in Adventure game sound thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
You can clearly distinguish several periods...
And the prehistory I can understand the pioneers from early 80s-87 didn't get more attention (i would do the same thing), and just like the text adventures they would probably need the separate article, since the impact and significance of those games can not be measured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
1994 was a slow year...
I take it's just a combination of coincidences with 1994. not having really a "blockbuster", and the fact that article simply chose some other games instead of - King's Quest 7, Dragonsphere, Malcolm's Revenge, Superhero League of Hoboken and Death Gate. And probably not taking into consideration games like Ecstatica and Little Big Adventure. But i also think early 90s have been slightly neglected in favor of more recent titles, which is not a bad thing as it underlines the undeniable genre resurgence.

As for the lack of 2.5D, again it's just a matter of coincidence and preference - even though they're the synonym of AGs in last decade, the list ultimately chooses quality over quantity and it comes to personal opinion, even though we can easily debate whether games like Secret Files, Ceville, Ankh, Perry Rhodan... could also make the list.