View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #240
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
Wait, Pepper's a girl??? I guess that's the kind of confusion that happens when you name someone after a condiment instead of giving them a person's name. (And when I just glance at a couple of screenshots instead of reading the review...) So that's one more for female-only. However, I made the same mistake as you did and counted Still Life in that category when it should have gone to "both", so we're back at 10. (Dreamfall is "both", because of Kian.) So we have: Kate (x2), Chell (x2), Nancy, Pepper, Laura, Mina, Ashley (Another Code) and April.
Hehe... no, we're not back at 10, because both of us forgot Obsidian's Lilah. She has a face, a name, a voice, so she doesn't belong to the AFGNCAAPS. And it makes me sad to see Zoe demoted to the Both category because of that Kian guy. He plays a part in the story, yes, but I'd already forgotten that he's also a minor playing character. I'd say that both friends and enemies of Dreamfall will agree that the game is about Zoe, with April tagging along.

Here's my list of playable women in AG's Top Hundred. Nine in Female-Only. Twelve in Both. What am I missing? Sophia and Nico are questionable.

Nancy (99) - Gina (Runaway 3, 97) - Bernice (Dark Eye, 85) - Laura (84) - Wendy (Maniac Mansion, 72) Razor (Maniac Mansion, 72) - Ellen (IHNMAIMS, 69) - Pepper (67) - Lilah (62) - Ashley (60) - Kate (55, 15) - Mina (53) - Zoe (Dreamfall, 52) - April (52, 2) - Grace (GK, 32, 3) - Cell (31, 10) - Madison (Heavy Rain, 26) - Victoria (Still Life, 20) - Sophia (Fate of Atlantis, 11) - Laverne (DoTT, 6) - Nico (BS1, 4 but only in the Director's Cut) -

And about the AFGNCAAPs... I see eleven. With Lilah moved, there should be thirteen, right?

Spycraft - Dark Fall - Drawn - Amber - Myst 1234 - In Memoriam - Zork GI - Zork Nemesis

EDIT: Thanks, Anne. I have played 7th Guest but that was ages ago and I hardly remember the story. Never finished Maniac Mansion and certainly didn't play as Razor.

Last edited by Fien; 01-02-2012 at 01:39 AM.