You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Star Trek is over. For a while, at least

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
Citizen of Bizarro World

Default Star Trek is over. For a while, at least

Enterprise has just ended, and not exactly on a high note. It's a shame we won't be getting a 5th season, seeing as how 3rd and 4th seasons (especially 4th) were such a vast improvement over the first 2. Anyway, I'm sad to see Star Trek leave for a minimum of 2 or 3 years, but hope it'll come back better than ever!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 05-13-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
merely human

When's the next big screen movie?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #3
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
Enterprise has just ended, and not exactly on a high note. It's a shame we won't be getting a 5th season, seeing as how 3rd and 4th seasons (especially 4th) were such a vast improvement over the first 2. Anyway, I'm sad to see Star Trek leave for a minimum of 2 or 3 years, but hope it'll come back better than ever!
Well, there are always the re-runs. The SciFi channel is (or was) running beautifully restored versions of the original Star Trek episodes, so that should keep you from going into withdrawals.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #4
Citizen of Bizarro World

There's a promising script being worked on for the next big screen movie (penned by the guy who did "Band of Brothers", which I hear was good). No idea when it'll go into production though.

As for the reruns, on the mornings when I don't go to work, I get my fair share of DS9 on Spike TV.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:40 PM   #5
fire breathing

I liked the season finale. The only reason I started watching Enterprise in the first place was because I couldn't change the tv channel whenever my dad tivoed it....but then I got hooked and have been keeping up with it. I think it needed one more season.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:56 AM   #6
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
There's a promising script being worked on for the next big screen movie (penned by the guy who did "Band of Brothers", which I hear was good). No idea when it'll go into production though.
Any idea if it will be with the TNG cast or they're moving on (to Voyager perhaps)?

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 05-14-2005, 05:28 AM   #7
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja
Voyager perhaps?
I hope not, I got real tired of watching mom and the kids... why didn't they just clone a half dozen Janeways and be done with it. She practically did everyone's job better than them anyway, each week I wondered who's turn it was to cry on her shoulder.

Maybe it's my fevered imagination but I hated the Paris/Torres and Tattoo face/Seven romances, it struck me that I'd have much preferred to see a steamy Seven/Torres romance, complete with hot showers and rewarding joint solutions to technical problems aboard ship. At least then Torres would be boldly going where no man has gone before.

Old 05-14-2005, 07:21 AM   #8
Disciplined Breakdown

Last I heard the new movie is supposed to feature an entirely new cast, not one from any of the shows. I guess the TNG guys were a bit pissed that Nemesis didn't do so well in theaters... it sold huge on DVD though. At least thats what I've been led to believe.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:36 AM   #9
Citizen of Bizarro World

There'll be no more TNG movies. The next one will be a prequel, like Enterprise, set in the early years of the Federation, and possibly dealing with the Romulan wars.

Old 05-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #10
pain is love

Bleh, no more Patrick Stewart! So, I guess I'll be the first to say it:
Rest in peace, captain Jean-Luc Picard.

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 05-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #11
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I think the two last episodes of Enterprise were excellent.
Especially the last minute in the last episode. It brought tears to my eyes.

One thing that I can't understand is why there are so many people on so many boards around the net that said that this full of crap episode and so on...? When it clearly wasn't so and was the opposite of that.

It such a shame that it ends now, this show should've got at least one more season.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:58 AM   #12
Citizen of Bizarro World

"These are the Voyages" didn't feel epic enough. The creation of the Federation was obviously not the focus here. It dealt with some intergalactic criminal trash instead of real villains, and these incompetent bastards got a main character killed off in the stupidest, most contrived of ways. The final montage was nice, but couldn't pull the episode out of the gutter, imo. I also liked the Next Generation part of the episode, and some of the "tribute" lines. Characters saying things like, "all good things must come to an end", "here's to the next generation" etc. It's the actual "Enterprise" part of the story I had problems with.