You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I Just Bought...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #1621

Zelda: Skyward Sword

Pretty good, controls were a bit awkward at first, but still a great game.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #1622
Stalker of Britain

"Age of Wonders" from the GOG promo. I love fantasy turn-based, so I thought I'd give it a go.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #1623

So I bought "Dear Esther".

What a beautiful piece of interactive fiction. A haunting and despondent tale of love and loss. Wonderful and well worth the $10 imho.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #1624
Stalker of Britain

Stonez-Dear Esther does sound good, but I'll probably wait till it goes on sale.

The Amazon and gamersgate sales really sucked me in, and I bought Spellforce Platinum, Majesty Gold, Faery: Legends of Avalon, LOST: Via Domus, Darksiders, and The Witcher 2.

I was debating Mirror's Edge, but decided against it, and also bought the book that The Witcher was based on. No eating for Fantasysci5 for awhile...

EDIT: And now add "Lord of the Rings: Conquest" to that list. Someone needs to stop me.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 02-25-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #1625
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Stonez-Dear Esther does sound good, but I'll probably wait till it goes on sale.

The Amazon and gamersgate sales really sucked me in, and I bought Spellforce Platinum, Majesty Gold, Faery: Legends of Avalon, LOST: Via Domus, Darksiders, and The Witcher 2.

I was debating Mirror's Edge, but decided against it, and also bought the book that The Witcher was based on. No eating for Fantasysci5 for awhile...

EDIT: And now add "Lord of the Rings: Conquest" to that list. Someone needs to stop me.
Ohh man! U bought Lost and Faery: Legends of Avalon? They are baaaad games
Witcher 2 though, is amazing, although not as good as the first one imo
Old 02-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #1626

Mirror's Edge would've been much better than Lost. (I'm saying that as a fan of the show too. ) I've heard great things about The Witcher games, though. I'll probably get around to them eventually... maybe...
Old 02-26-2012, 02:57 AM   #1627
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
Mirror's Edge would've been much better than Lost. (I'm saying that as a fan of the show too. ) I've heard great things about The Witcher games, though. I'll probably get around to them eventually... maybe...
Haha, yeah, me too - I loved Lost as a tv show, but the game itself is totally lacking.

But, the Witcher games - they are just amazing, very immersive. The only minus point has to be the voice acting - those accents are just horrendous. Half the time, you never know if they are english, irish, european or just a ridiculous mix of all three
But gameplay-wise, its very innovative
Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #1628
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71 View Post
Ohh man! U bought Lost and Faery: Legends of Avalon? They are baaaad games
Witcher 2 though, is amazing, although not as good as the first one imo
I bought LOST because I was a fan before the show went to crap, and I was playing the demo and felt very nostalgic. It was only $2.49-sih, so if it's bad, I shouldn't be out a lot of money.

I bought Faery because I love turn-based strategy (like Kings Bounty), and it looked pretty cool, getting to have dragons on your side and stuff. Why is it bad?

I'm playing through the first Witcher right now, and loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
I looked at a trailer for it, and all that running...I was getting dizzy. I don't think it's the game for me, and I was a LOST fan too, so I have to have said I at least tried the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71 View Post
But, the Witcher games - they are just amazing, very immersive. The only minus point has to be the voice acting - those accents are just horrendous. Half the time, you never know if they are english, irish, european or just a ridiculous mix of all three
But gameplay-wise, its very innovative
Yeah, I love everything about The Witcher except for I tend to miss some of the smaller quests and not be able to go back and do them (I'm the type of person who wants to see and do everything). That, and I don't usually read the backstory of the locations or glossary. I bought the book it was based on, though, so maybe that will help.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #1629

Quote:
I looked at a trailer for it, and all that running...I was getting dizzy. I don't think it's the game for me, and I was a LOST fan too, so I have to have said I at least tried the game.
You probably made the right call about Mirror's Edge then, since that's basically the entirety of the game. Damn good, but there's not much you can do if it makes you sick. There's stuff to like in the Lost game too, like the flashback photography sections. Just don't go in expecting a masterpiece.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #1630
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
I bought Faery because I love turn-based strategy (like Kings Bounty), and it looked pretty cool, getting to have dragons on your side and stuff. Why is it bad?

I bought Faery too because I like the turn-based RPG, and I really wanted to like Faery. For me, it was let down by the control system more than anything, especially the flying aspect, which seems to be a large part of the game.
I don't know, I'm running it on a brand new pc but everything seemed overesensitive, even after I messed with the settings.

I'm actually tempted to reinstall it and give it another go. Maybe I can get past the control system and focus on the game a bit more.

Possibly I was being a bit over the top when I said it was bad - its just not a great game. Average maybe....

But I'm glad you're enjoying The Witcher - its a great game, and you really need to read everything - it really improves your enjoyment of the game.
Witcher 2 though, is a different story, and while its still a good game, they changed the control/fighting system drastically. I know many people have complained about this. But if you can get past that, then I'm sure you will enjoy it too.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #1631
The Quiet One

Won it on eBay for as little as ÂŁ6.50!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #1632
Filmfreak

If you like Hotel Dusk, make sure to get the sequel Last Window too! It's at least as good, if not better!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1633
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
If you like Hotel Dusk, make sure to get the sequel Last Window too! It's at least as good, if not better!
Convince Nintendo to release it in North America!

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 03-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #1634
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax
Convince Nintendo to release it in North America!
Import it!

999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors didn't get a European release. Didn't stop me from importing and playing it...
Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #1635
The Quiet One

Quote:
I intend too. It's on my 'list of things to get'.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #1636
Psychonaut

Old 03-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #1637
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Jelous. Going to be a while til I get to play it.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #1638
The Quiet One

Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #1639
Filmfreak

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite passtime for the next few weeks:

@ Dusty: I take it you liked the first Phoenix Wright?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #1640
The Quiet One

Quote:
@ Dusty: I take it you liked the first Phoenix Wright?
How can you tell!?

But yes, I do (I'm still finishing off the first one). They're repetitive, but in a good way; I never tire of coming back for more. And I agree with you about the funny dialogue.

« Last finished game | - »