View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #19
Dick Winslow

yesh, umm, i'm faced with the same dilemma myself. I've tried out the suggestions given here, and if you root through the QuickTime settings from the CONTROL PANEL and switch to Safe Mode GDI Only (I did this with Morpheus and it seemed to do the trick, although it made the videos lag quite a bit), it'll make it all the way to the menu! but the videos play frame by frame like a slideshow and that's no fun at all. I’ve tried the QT alternative as well and VLC Media Player (which prompts a new kind of error, “QT Not Initialized”)

i'm laughing right now because laughter is the best medicine. Hahahaha! HAHAHA!! if I don't laugh I'll have a psychotic breakdown, I swear I will. QT has thwarted my attempts to play Blackstone Chronicles (crashed on launch) and now Bad Mojo Redux (crashed on launch. XP tolerant my aunt fanny!) and that behind-the-scenes segment had me so hyped (only saw a little bit of it of course. don't wanna spoil anything!)… please if anyone out there has a solution handy, there’s a lot of us in need of one.

So it seems if you turn off Full Screen it makes the videos play not so sluggishly... but it's still pretty bad. and the screen size is twice as small. sigh @ life. If you play them straight from the BM folder, smooth as a baby's bottom. I know the answer is probably right under my nose... and who shall be my savior this evening? Cause I wanna play this game SO BAD!

EDIT #55: know what, i'm mighty clever yes I am. I just went ahead and started the game and i'll X out any clips within a few seconds, jump to the menu and mute the sound, open the MOVIES folder and watch it from there. really it doesn't disrupt the flow or anything, it's really not that big of a hassle if you leave the folder minimized at all times. the only catch is there's dozens of clips to sort through, but i'm just thankful the game works.

Last edited by Dick Winslow; 05-24-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: i'm a spazz