View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 10:47 AM   #19
MrMongoose
Lovable Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticgerbil
These games sound too similar in concept (even though the plots are obviously different), to be the work of stolen ideas. I contrive that this may be some sort of text adventure prequel.

TELL ME WHERE TO DOWNLOAD IT. Or maybe someone could nicely offer to send it to me. Sounds interesting. I'm interested. That is because it is interesting.
As far as I know, the Kyrandia text adventure was released only as a module for Galacticomm's WorldGroup (aka MajorBBS) Bulletin Board software (back before the internet was common-place, and people actually dialed directly in to online services!). If I'm not mistaken, it was included as part of the basic system - so if you can find an old copy of WorldGroup, it should be included (not sure it's worth all of that trouble). The text adventure was a multi-player game - similar to a mud (except part of the larger BBS system).

The easiest way to play it would be to try to find an old BBS still running w/ Telnet access that has it. There's GOT to be one somewhere

For some reason I feel quite certain that the graphic adventure was, in fact, based on the text adventure. But I don't know why I'm thinking that...

-Mongoose