View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #15
Manatu

After 1 week i got an answer from tech support... not a very helpfull one anyway!
I tried what they told me to do, i even installed the game in a less-than-8-letters-long folder in the root but it still doesn´t work.
I´ll paste here the full email i received from them, maybe someone can read something usefull between the lines...
(what i read between the lines was: Our XP support is very primitive! You should have bought the DOS version and followed one of the many guides in the internet to make it work perfectly in windows XP!)

"SupportMK2 <[email protected]>"
Dear bhv customer,

Many thanks for your inquiry.

Many thanks for having chosen our product. Please uninstall the software completely and delete all remaining folders, files and registration keys. Close all programs, especially the ones right next to the clock, or rather remove them from the autostart completeley. Please use the particular configuration in the appropriate program which is to be closed. You then reinstall the software and get the latest update right away. This should solve the problem.

Please note that with every installation all other programs should be deactivated (whether this is about SP2 or some other software). All other applications should be closed. Shall an error occur the first thing to do is to run a test without any other backgroundprograms being open. Doing that, incompabilities and interactions can be excluded. It should be installed expediently on 'CProgramme' as Windows is sometimes prone to set the strings in the registry incorrectly.

As we need further information we kindly ask you to send us the DxDiag report. To generate the report, please use the following steps.

1. Click on 'Start', point to 'Run', type in 'dxdiag' and hit 'OK'.
2. In the window that follows near the bottom, click on \'Save all information\'.
3. When asked where you want to save it please choose your Desktop.
4. You will now have a file on your desktop called 'DxDiag.txt'. Please attach it to your next email.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact us anytime.

Kind regards,
Florian Neubert
bhv Support

I really hope someone finds out what wrong with this game!