View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
Catnip

I bought Darkness Within 2, and Runaway 3. Runaway 3 installed and activated just as it should. With Darkness Within 2, I also received this message, and I just tried it a few minutes ago:

"The Communication with the Activation Server was intentionally interupted. This can be caused by

1) Your Firewall/Router/Proxy or a weak Wi-Fi connection
2) An Activation Server security policy enforcement."

I have spent hours on this. This is my first and probably last try at using this shop. I should have read reviews about their service before I got excited about buying a couple of games for half price from the UK.

I tried turning off every virus program, every firewall, etc. and I hate doing that. I am running as admin. I've done everything, and since Runaway 3 ran fine, it has to be on their end. I wrote them two days ago, I believe, and I have only received an automated note with my complaint number.

If this has happened before when they've had sales, they should know better and should have a way of making sure their site can handle the traffic. Very bad business, and I'll figure out a way to make a complaint if this isn't fixed soon. I'm not sure if the BBB works for them, as they are in the UK, but I'll figure out something.

ETA: Damon, your answer on the other thread is useless. I've tried your manual activation, and I just get a page saying that the page is unavailable. Are you in any way involved in running that site? If not, I apologize for saying this. If you are, then perhaps you should have checked out that page before telling people to use it as the "fix."

Last edited by Catnip; 06-14-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Adding info for DAMON