You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #1

Default The Blackwell Games

I have just completed Dave Gilbert's Blackwell series (The Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Blackwell Convergence and Blackwell Deception) and I have to say they were very impressive games. The story line was gripping from the first to last game and was a very original storyline. The voice acting can be a bit hit and miss but it can be over looked as the story compensates for this. The graphics are Similar to the Ben Jordon series and improve dramatically from game to game proving that sales must be doing well to improve the quality so much. I was surprised that games could be produced with this quality on AGS, not that I'm giving the program a bad name because it's given me hours of entertainment, it's just you don't find games like this on Big Blue Cup. Not in my experiences anyway! I love the whole character switching aspect of the game too as it's not very common in Point and Click games, it makes the game fresh. I'd recommend them to anyone who's looking for a good point and click to lose a few hours in without having too much of a challenge completing so they can focus more on the story, without having to use a pie cutter on a rubber tree to fix a broken boat. All of these titles are available at: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/

Last edited by LegendLongy; 03-20-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #2

I loved all these games too & couldn't wait for the next one to come out. I really liked the stories & the witty dialogue.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #3

Yeah I've played the first three in the series and enjoyed them.

If I had to play them individually, then I'd say that the story is too short and the game too easy. I'd say get the whole series and play them together one after the other.

One thing that bothered me was that the plot tends to have abrupt endings. You're working on something, and suddenly you run across the villain, have one puzzle to solve, and the game is over.

I liked the graphics and the sound. A lot of people complained about the voice overs, but I liked all the voices.

I've started to like these short entertaining games that are on the easier side.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissie View Post
I loved all these games too & couldn't wait for the next one to come out. I really liked the stories & the witty dialogue.
I agree completely with what she said.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #5

The games are short, but they're well crafted and good fun. The retro feel in both ambiance and game play is welcomed by me. Too often we have style over substance, and his old school series has decent measures of both.

Last edited by Stonez; 04-17-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spleling...
Old 04-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #6

I loved the series as well, and look forward to the next sequel. Specially after that clifhanger

You should also play "The Shivah". It is the best adventure by Dave Gilbert, in my humble opinion.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post

You should also play "The Shivah". It is the best adventure by Dave Gilbert, in my humble opinion.
I agree, buy and support an AG, not just a funding project.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
I loved the series as well, and look forward to the next sequel. Specially after that clifhanger

I'm not sure I agree it's the best but I just loved the humour in that game & it's what led me on to being a great fan of everything Wadget Eye produces!