You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Space Quest 3 dun't look right fullscreen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #1

Default Space Quest 3 dun't look right fullscreen

Okay, I've got the new space Quest Collection and I've played through 1 and 2, but when I started 3 it came on monochrome and with every other vertical line missing, which makes a very bad picture. If I switch it to windowed the graphics are fine.

Current plan is to set the monitor to a low resolution and play in a window, but I'd rather get it working properly.

My system:
Acer Aspire 5611 (laptop)
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core Duo processor T2050
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 SE graphics card
DOSBox 0.7.0
Old 07-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #2

I don't know if this would help with your specific problem, but there's a great patch available for these new Sierra collections (with DOSBox 0.70):

http://www.tawmis.com/collector/Patc...CollectionDB65

The patch is on the bottom of the page.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #3

Old link. I updated the patch with the release of DOSBox .70. DOSBox 0.70 update Keep in mind, though that DOSBox .70 has an audio bug that can be fixed by downloading a CVS build of DOSBox. A new release of DOSBox that fixes a couple of bugs that appeared with the last release. If you need a link to a CVS build of DOSBox, let me know.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #4

I don't know if this is illegal or something, but I just thought that this was incredibly cool and this thread made me think about that. There is a demonstration of a Java-based implementation of FreeDOS on the internet where you can play old DOS games in your browser. One of such games is the original Space Quest 3. You can actually play SQ3 in your browser!!

http://www-jpc.physics.ox.ac.uk/Demo2.html
Old 07-06-2007, 08:00 AM   #5

I've actually finished the game now, so never mind. I'll bear yon patch in mind, though at the moment I can't be bothered because you have to have the SQ Collection installed in its default location and I always install my games in the C:\Games\ folder.