View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #3999
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
[B]Here's a curious bit:
Haven't seen it (and from the trailer it looks mighty uninteresting) but it's basic premise immediately reminded me of Ellison's great "Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman, and voilá! here's what I just found:

[after critics telling him what it was about]
Harlan Ellison sues 'In Time' for it's premise
[after Ellison was able to actually watch it]
Harlan Ellison drops charges against 'In Time'

Now, he doesn't really gives any reason as to why he gave up but it's just pure fun thinking that maybe it's because 'In Time' seemed to suck real hard . I just love this constantly angry ol fellow who thinks great things like how James Cameron is unbelievebly awful at what he does (except T2), just like I do. Harlan you rock
Harlan Ellison sues everyone who even *thinks* of an idea somewhat resembling anything he has ever written...

Btw, he has in the past successfully sued James Cameron for The Terminator and got a credit (and a bag of money, I reckon) out of it...

Anyhoo...

Hugo - 3.5 / 5
A great little movie, right up Scorsese's alley because he can indulge in his love of films. A nice nod to early cinema, with the great Ben Kingsley as Georges Méliès. 3D-effects were great throughout the film, but I expected no less from Scorsese.
But as I predicted: it's getting awesome reviews everywhere, but it's tanking in the box office...

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - 3 / 5
A fun and brainless ride, needless to say with lots of scenes where Tom Cruise runs. It's a pretty good action flick, although director Brad Bird (of Pixar fame) heavily relies on visual effects. Just make sure to turn your brain off, because the plot holes are legion...
And I don't know how Simon Pegg does it, but that guy is hilarious in EVERYTHING...