You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #1

Default Paradise

I think I'm at the end of my rope with the game Paradise. I've seen a lot of postings regarding this game and all the glitches. I'm having trouble with the part where you are suppose to catch the sand dabs. Anything you can give me to help me get through this section?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
Caffein Queen

Not really.
I simply got lucky after many tries. I guess patience is the key word here

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 08-21-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinabnit View Post
I think I'm at the end of my rope with the game Paradise. I've seen a lot of postings regarding this game and all the glitches. I'm having trouble with the part where you are suppose to catch the sand dabs. Anything you can give me to help me get through this section?
Kuze once posted a patch somewhere. It makes the game work better. I'll try to find it for you. But don't get your hopes up; there are so many bugs in Paradise that I was happy when Ann walked out of the screen, never to come back.

Edit: here is the post. I didn't check the links. I hope they still work. If not, you will have to contact Kuze.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:28 AM   #4
In an evening of July...

Ah, another dissatisfied Paradise player... tsa is right, I made a patch for it once that allows you to skip this particular puzzle (I believe it was even a debug feature already implemented in the game that I just reactivated), I reuploaded it here and you can read about it in this thread.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #5

kuze, do you still have the patch entitled OPK file extractor for this game? All the links in this post and the previous are dead. I am so bored with the new games I got this off BFG on sale, as I had never played (I am starting to see why now), it's pretty frustrating. Will your GUI tool work with this BFG version, do you think? Thanks!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:09 AM   #6
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily.bart View Post
kuze, do you still have the patch entitled OPK file extractor for this game? All the links in this post and the previous are dead. I am so bored with the new games I got this off BFG on sale, as I had never played (I am starting to see why now), it's pretty frustrating. Will your GUI tool work with this BFG version, do you think? Thanks!
Not sure what BFG is, but unless they changed the whole game packaging the patch should work.

Reuploaded patch.

Last edited by kuze; 11-23-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #7

Thank you kuze. I'm not sure I care enough about the game to get past the sand dabs, but i'm pigheaded and now it's the principal to get it sorted.

BFG meant a Big Fish Games download release instead of the CD.
I think it might be a compatibility issue not with the game but maybe with Windows 7 and maybe because I have Visual C++ 2010 installed, but I couldn't get it sorted out without several errors when I ran your program.

I followed the prompts to check the 2 boxes under advanced options then clicked on apply advanced options but I can only select the Paradise/paks folder under the file tree not the specific script.pak file in that folder.

I get this error message
Could not open script.opk, try unchecking Autodetection, or maybe script.opk does not exist, check for backup in Paradise/paks/script.opk.bak

I unchecked autodetection, same result and no backup file.
Do I need to do something with the 2 other boxes labeled extract OPK file and create OPK file from folder?

I must admit I might have missed something obvious...
Old 11-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Thank you kuze. I'm not sure I care enough about the game to get past the sand dabs, but i'm pigheaded and now it's the principal to get it sorted.

BFG meant a Big Fish Games download release instead of the CD.
I think it might be a compatibility issue not with the game but maybe with Windows 7 and maybe because I have Visual C++ 2010 installed, but I couldn't get it sorted out without several errors when I ran your program.

I followed the prompts to check the 2 boxes under advanced options then clicked on apply advanced options but I can only select the Paradise/paks folder under the file tree not the specific script.pak file in that folder.

I get this error message
Could not open script.opk, try unchecking Autodetection, or maybe script.opk does not exist, check for backup in Paradise/paks/script.opk.bak

I unchecked autodetection, same result and no backup file.
Do I need to do something with the 2 other boxes labeled extract OPK file and create OPK file from folder?

I must admit I might have missed something obvious...
They probably changed the installer, so my patch can't find the Paradise folder, and the select folder does seem to have a bug - I'll see if I find the sources next week and fix it.

In the mean time, try unchecking autodetect, clicking "apply" and selecting the Paradise folder that contains the "paks" folder, not the "paks" folder itself.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #9

No need for a software fix kuze! I downloaded the older C++ versions and following your instructions above, it installed the patch perfectly. I've now moved past the annoying fishing part! Thank you again!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:42 AM   #10
In an evening of July...

Quote:
No need for a software fix kuze! I downloaded the older C++ versions and following your instructions above, it installed the patch perfectly. I've now moved past the annoying fishing part! Thank you again!
Ah, I'm glad I could help. Enjoy Paradise (if you can).